On 09 March 2013
we have a virtual workshop run by Cleve Miller, Valentina Dodge from English360 and Mike Hogan from LTC GmbH
In this workshop, we will look at how we can make the lessons we deliver more dynamic and ensure that they are highly relevant, and therefore motivating, to our learners. Although we will be using the English360 web-based learning platform to illustrate ways of achieving this, the points we look at will be relevant in a broader context.
The workshop will give you an opportunity to consider:
- the merits of using authentic content provided by your learners (eg telephone conversations, emails, company reports and PowerPoint presentations)
- issues raised when sourcing authentic content from internet (ie respecting best practice)
- how you can motivate learners by encouraging autonomy (eg monitoring of progress, forum contributions, instant feedback)
- supplementing course content with activities authored by or your colleagues
- practical issues when implementing blended learning in corporate language training in Germany
The day will be structured as follows:
13:00-14:00: Light Lunch
14:00-15:30: Introduction to the English360 platform
15:30-16:00: Coffee, tea & biscuits
16:00-17:30: Hands-on experience of using the English360 platform
17:30: Coffee, tea, biscuits
The workshop will be held at the VHS Bielefeld, Ravensburger Park 1, Bielefeld starting in Room 117 /101 on the first floor.